National Orphans and Child Welfare Coordinator
A global relief organisation is looking for a National Orphans and Child Welfare Coordinator to lead, develop, implement and review the Orphan’s Unit strategy, work plans and systems to fully achieve the department’s targets and objectives.
To support and strategically develop the implementation of an Orphan Sponsorship Programme in line with the organisation’s Strategy. The Coordinator will be responsible for the overall management of the Orphans Project and its activities and will report directly to the Head of Programmes.
- The establishment of the Orphan Sponsorship Programme in South Africa in line with The organisation’spolicies and procedures.
- Setup of the department and start the sponsorship activities after consultation with the relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare all progress reports of the Orphans Welfare Program and share with the Line Manager as per the agreed process and deadlines.
- Prepare the budget of the projects to share with the Line Manager.
- Uploading orphans’ bio-data online for sponsorship.
- Visiting the orphans in their homes in order to supervise any changes in their social life and to collect the data.
- Prepare the quarterly and annual reports of the Orphans Welfare Program.
- Develop and present proposals relevant to orphan families to fulfil the objectives of the OSP.
- To assist in the preparation of a field strategy with Head of the programme.
- Coordinate with local and international NGOs and other official agencies to maximize the aims and activities defined in the field strategy.
- Be responsible for the creation and management of a team of volunteers and supervision of their general welfare if this will be possible.
- Responsible for all technical operations of Orphans Welfare Program activities including project equipment, assets and records.
- Writing Orphans Case Studies to support the marketing and fundraising for the OSP.
- Maintain projects files and documentation, including individual orphan files with key documentation according to the organisation’s policies.
- Performs any other duties as and when required by the management.
- 3 years minimum experience
- Experience with children
- Professional Knowledge and experience with Child Protection & safeguarding
- Project management and coordination
- University degree (such as Social Sciences, Social Work, Social Development or any related fields)
- NGO experience preferred
It is essential that the candidate shows a good understanding and sympathy with Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to the company’s vision and mission as per below:
- Excellence (Ihsan): Our actions in tackling poverty are marked by excellence in our operations and conduct which are deserving of the people we serve.
- Sincerity (Ikhlas): In responding to poverty and suffering our efforts are driven by sincerity to God and the need to fulfil our obligations to humanity
- Social Justice (Adl): Our work is founded on enabling people and institutions to fulfil the rights of the poor and vulnerable. We work to empower the dispossessed towards realising their God-given human potential and developing their capabilities and resources.
- Compassion (Rahma): We believe the protection and well-being of every life is of paramount importance and we shall join with other humanitarian actors to act as one in responding to suffering brought on by disasters, poverty and injustice.
- Custodianship (Amana): We uphold our duty of custodianship over the earth, its resources and the trust people place in us as humanitarian and development practitioners to be transparent and accountable.