Contract: 12 month FTC (with the possibility of permanent upon review).
A global relief organisation is looking for a Financial Coordinator who will be a proactive, assertive, and responsible 2IC to the HOD of Finance and Support Services.
The Financial Coordinator will be responsible for working with the HOD to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the department.
COMPLIANCE – POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Oversee, develop, implement and review all relevant financial policies and procedures
Ensure all departments and regional offices comply with the organisation’s processes, procedures, and policies – eg. security, data protection, IT, and procurement
Effectively manage the Income and Expense Controllers to ensure compliance with budgetary, accounting, reporting, and internal control systems and policies
PROCESSES & REPORTING
- Daily Functions:
-Ensure that systemized records are kept in files and on the server
-Maintain consistent and measurable efforts to reduce overheads and unnecessary expenditure
-Review cash reconciliation processes
-Track compliance and processing of all projects and ensure all finance-related documentation is in order
-Review SLA’s / concept notes/ budgets for new events, campaigns and projects
- Maintain streamlined and orderly processes throughout the department (in all regions) and ensure that reporting on required functions are submitted on time
- Closely supervise the Income and Expense Controllers to ensure processes are followed to identify shortfalls early and to avoid organisational risk
- Ensure that direct reports are performing to expectation and any shortfalls on delivery are highlighted and dealt with promptly
- Monitor and track income and expenses relative to budgets, and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting deliverables by timelines given by the HOD
AUDIT AND IFRS & TAX CERTIFICATION
- Assist with internal audits of departments, including tracking of projects and programmes, to provide independent assurance that the organisation’s risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively
- Conduct external financial audit prep and oversight to ensure a successful and efficient audit
- Annual Financial Statements preparation
- Uphold finance due diligence around the administration and maintenance of Section 18A tax certificates issued and associated records
- Liaise with Donor Relations to ensure efficient and timeous turnaround time
- Maintain S18A logs for submission concerning annual tax return, and share regular feedback with the HOD
EXTERNAL COMPLIANCE SARB & STAKEHOLDERS
- Oversee the SARB annual application, and monitor the ongoing maintenance and update of the SARB schedule
- Ensure stakeholder relationships are properly maintained with Organisation best practice
DEPARTMENTAL RELIEF FUNCTIONS
- Provide relief functions for the income and expense controller when needed
- Provide relief for certain HOD functions (eg. verification of bank payments when HOD is on leave)
- Be familiar with all financial data and provide analysis where necessary on actual vs budget to assist the Head of Department.
- Relevant Tertiary Accounting Qualification (Degree or Diploma)
- Minimum 5 year experience in similar role, preferably in the NGO sector
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel – completion of a course will be advantageous
- Proficiency in Pastel
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Self-motivated and innovative
- Committed and dedicated
- Contract: 12 month FTC (with the possibility of permanent upon review)
- Location: Southern Suburbs, Cape Town
- Salary: R18k-22k
It is essential that the candidate shows a good understanding and sympathy with Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to the company’s vision and mission as per below:
- Excellence (Ihsan): Our actions in tackling poverty are marked by excellence in our operations and conduct which are deserving of the people we serve.
- Sincerity (Ikhlas): In responding to poverty and suffering our efforts are driven by sincerity to God and the need to fulfill our obligations to humanity
- Social Justice (Adl): Our work is founded on enabling people and institutions to fulfill the rights of the poor and vulnerable. We work to empower the dispossessed towards realising their God-given human potential and developing their capabilities and resources.
- Compassion (Rahma): We believe the protection and well-being of every life is of paramount importance and we shall join with other humanitarian actors to act as one in responding to suffering brought on by disasters, poverty and injustice.
- Custodianship (Amana): We uphold our duty of custodianship over the earth, its resources and the trust people place in us as humanitarian and development practitioners to be transparent and accountable.